SharePoint Consulting Practice Manager
3Sharp seeks a Practice Manager to define, develop, and lead a new line of business built around SharePoint and related technologies, contributing decisively to 3Sharp’s revenue goals. This line of business will be instrumental in growing our overall capacity, flexibility, and capability. The Practice Manager will define at least one new service/solution offering. In this role, you will manage the team to support this offering – staffing and supervising the designated 3Sharp teams and orchestrating the appropriate mix of staff and contract resources to achieve the desired outcomes. During the first year of employment these will be virtual, project-based teams.
But this role is about sales, too; acting in a rainmaker or sales-engineer capacity, you must confidently and aggressively pursue and close sales opportunities for the new offerings. You will help price, sell, staff and drive these engagements to their successful and profitable completion.
This position will enable you to grow into a senior leadership role within a consulting practice.
The following are the minimum requirements for this position. The candidate must:
- Have successfully led 10 or more SharePoint and/or complementary engagements for a mid-sized consulting company.
- Have demonstrable success in leading SharePoint projects encompassing logical farm topology design, ECM and Information Architecture.
- Have seven or more years of successful client consulting experience
- Be comfortable with embracing the requirements and demands of a sales-oriented role
- Possess two years of experience in ‘sales-engineer’ types of role, supporting sales teams with initial architectures, proposal creation, and customer engagement focused on closing opportunities
- Track record of success with last three employers
- Formal experience/education/training as a manager at the Practice Management level or in a similar role
- B.S. or B.A. degree; Masters or advanced degree is an advantage
Additionally, the ideal candidate will:
- Have a proven record of self-directed initiative, demonstrating exceptional productivity and professionalism
- Possess meticulous organizational skills and manage complex operational logistics.
- Be well-versed in gaining and retaining customer and peer confidence, with true excellence in a consultative approach to your work.
- Be passionate and positive: about quality of deliverables, about customer relationships, building your team and peers.
The position offers an attractive base salary and uncapped commission. 3Sharp also offers a comprehensive and robust benefits package, including medical/dental/vision, 401k matching, a rich vacation offering and numerous intangibles.
If you believe your experience, competencies and attitude are a STRONG MATCH with the above description, we would love to hear from you; please contact us by email to 3Sharp’s managing partner, Phil Welt (PhilW@3sharp.com). We will respond to all serious candidates within two business days.
Seize the job!
There are times in one’s career when you decide to take a job, and then there is the time that you seize the job. The job is the pivot point – the locus around which the rest of your career swings. It builds on your existing experience, and with that knowledge and skills, makes you grow and shine in novel and unforeseen ways. It’s the opportunity where your initiative and self-discipline sets the direction and drives a big segment of the organization – where you truly can see and feel the difference you make. It’s not merely a repetition of the thing you’ve done a thousand times before, but it takes that which you know intimately, and uses it to reach entirely new levels of professional achievement.
For the right candidate, this is the job.