I’m in the midst of giving a road show on extending Lotus Notes apps with Microsoft Technologies (managed code, web services, custom COM components, XML integration with Office System & SharePoint, etc…). It doesn’t cost anything to attend and you get cool stuff like company store credit and potentially other giveaways like VB.Net (not to mention getting to spend 8 hours with yours truly *grin*)
Besides the blatant advertising, this post is for all of the Lotus Notes developers I’ve been talking to over the past few weeks who are interested in SharePoint. We only have an hour or two to talk about SharePoint in the course and the product is so much deeper than what we have time to cover.
Fortunately, Microsoft is hosting a series of online labs that let you terminal in to a sandboxed server where you can configure and program to SharePoint Portal Server. Here is a list of the labs that you can try for free without having to bother with setting up a machine!
- An Introduction to Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies
- Creating a Custom Site Definition for Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services
- Creating a Web Part for Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies
- Creating Connectible Web Parts for Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies
- Managing Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003 Content and Navigation
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003 People and Personalization
- Microsoft SharePoint Products and Technologies Permissions Management
- Using Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003 to Customize Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services
- Using Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services with Microsoft Office Professional 2003 Applications
- Using the Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services Object Model