Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC)
Microsoft SharePoint and Office applications for architecture, engineering, and construction firms allow contractors to manage and track projects and collaborate with their clients effectively. Among the work functions that can be accomplished through these applications are:
- Business intelligence RFI template creation for information requests and submittals management
- Project accounting integration with enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems
- Team site provisioning
- Effective internal and external communication with clients and consultants through enterprise collaboration systems
- Project management with submittal tracking templates
- Redlining, publishing, and distribution in electronic document and records management systems
- Research, analysis, and reporting through powerful business intelligence dashboards
- Access to high-level confidential information through executive dashboards
The Benefits of Microsoft SharePoint and Office Applications for AEC firms
Microsoft SharePoint and Office applications provide the following benefits:
- Increase organizational efficiency with robust Office collaboration systems.
- Enrich collaboration with third parties and enhance your image with your clients.
- Improve work products with SharePoint document tracking approval.
- Reduce costs and errors by using a records management system.
3Sharp’s Custom Solutions
3Sharp’s custom solutions can help architectural, engineering, and construction firms be more responsive to clients’ needs and increase productivity. We have designed intranets and specific applications for many AEC firms, including:
- Manson Construction Company
- Simpson Gumpertz & Hager (SGH)
3Sharp proved its expertise with SharePoint extranet enterprise content management (ECM) during a project with an environmental consulting firm. The consultants for a large power plant needed approvals from a variety of regulatory agencies for the documentation produced. Independent technical contractors had to review the documents and file reports. Different sections of the report were available for revisions at different times, then certified as final. 3Sharp’s SharePoint extranet solution made all of these things possible for anyone with Internet access.