3Sharp is a growing consulting company in Redmond, Washington, providing top-tier consulting and development services focused on Microsoft communications and collaborations technologies. We are seeking a proficient, customer-facing Project Manager to lead and guide development and implementation projects from inception to completion.
The ideal candidate will be self-sufficient in working directly with the customer, obtaining and refining requirements, assembling and managing teams, tracking financials and issues, and driving projects to completion despite obstacles. The candidate will have experience managing multiple concurrent projects, working with tough time constraints and diverse personalities. The candidate should have broad experience in all major PM knowledge areas (such as finance, schedule, scope, risk, HR, communications, etc.).
The Project Manager will lead projects from inception to completion, by working closely with customers to understand their business goals and developing (and managing) the project scope and requirements. The Project Manager will drive the project success by assembling qualified teams, working with the teams to develop plans and tasks, and managing and tracking the tasks to completion. The Project Manager will also be responsible for identifying, tracking, and resolving or mitigating risks and issues that might block the project. Communicating internally and externally well and thoroughly is a prime responsibility of this job.
Required Soft Skills & Experience:
- Superlative written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills (internal and external facing)
- Deep customer-facing experience, including negotiation & relationship building
- Proven ability to gain deep understanding of customer business goals and objectives
- Proven ability to control scope, with experience in requirements-gathering and validation
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Schedule creation, management and prioritization, handling multiple projects concurrently
- Issue and risk identification and resolution
- The ability to execute and drive to completion in the face of obstacles
- Organizational skills – ability to handle complex projects with many moving parts
- Possess excellent follow-through, commitment, and accountability
Required Technical skills & Experience:
- 2 – 5 years of project management of software development projects on 3 or more full life-cycle implementations
- Minimum of 1.5 years leading projects using Agile methodologies
- Strong grasp of project metrics and reporting; project financial-tracking experience preferred
- Deep experience with software development processes
- Deep involvement with Quality Assurance
- Strong processes and approaches
- IT/technical background preferred
- Experience with SharePoint solutions strongly preferred
- PMP certification preferred (but not required)
This position offers a competitive base salary. 3Sharp offers a comprehensive and robust benefits package, including medical/dental/vision, 401k matching, a rich vacation offering and numerous intangibles.
If you believe your experience, competencies and attitude are a STRONG MATCH with the above description, we would love to hear from you; please contact us by email to 3Sharp’s recruiter, Linna Freeman (email@example.com). We will respond to all serious candidates within two business days.
3Sharp is an industry thought leader, on the cutting edge of Microsoft SharePoint and Office technologies, serving Fortune 100 companies and small businesses alike with the goal of providing absolutely reliable services and technology solutions for their critical challenges.