SharePoint BI Solutions Consultant (Contract)
We are seeking a SharePoint BI Solutions Consultant who can design, build, and provide technical support for SharePoint productivity solutions, with a particular emphasis on Business Intelligence.
The candidate will be working on demos that highlight the Office 365 and SharePoint “15” feature sets. The candidate will provide expertise to customers in terms of developing SharePoint-based solutions.
Soft skills for this position are critical. We are looking for candidates that possess both imagination and an eye for detail. For our demo projects, we need someone with good communication skills and who understands the non-technical aspects of getting a demo in front of an audience; that is, we need someone who understands that this is technical marketing, not code development. The resulting demo must excite customers while showing the underlying product at its best. Requirements often change quickly, so imagination and ingenuity are important.
The ideal candidate will be self-sufficient in working directly with customers, obtaining and refining requirements, and being active in the design and build processes. The candidate must also be able to manage priorities effectively and efficiently.
This is a contract-to-hire position, for a minimum of three months.
The following are the required soft skills and experience:
- Imagination is critical. This includes the ability to create innovative solutions, approach challenges from new angles, and generate interesting content for demos
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently with attention to detail
- Demonstrate strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Customer-facing and relationship-building experience
- Experience building demos or delivering presentations is a plus
The following are desired technical skills and experience:
- 1+ year of building BI solutions with Microsoft technologies, using some of the following: PerformancePoint dashboards, Excel Services, PowerPivot, Visio, SQL Server Reporting Services
- Strong understanding of SQL Server Analysis Services, OLAP cubes
- 2+ years of building solutions with SharePoint, using at least three of the following:
- Site architecture design
- Permissions management
- Custom lists and external lists
- Content types
- InfoPath forms
- Dashboards (including Excel Web Access)
- Data View Web parts
- Demonstrate troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Work with virtual machines is a plus
This is a 3 month contract, approximately 40 hours per week.
If you believe your experience, competencies and attitude are a STRONG MATCH with the above description, we would love to hear from you; please contact us by email to 3Sharp’s recruiter, Linna Freeman (email@example.com). We will respond to all serious candidates within two business days.