SharePoint UI Specialist (Contractor)
Position Description & Responsibilities
We are seeking a SharePoint UI Specialist (contractor) who can design, build, and provide technical support for SharePoint productivity solutions, with a particular emphasis on SharePoint visual/UI design and implementation.
The candidate will be working on SharePoint demos that highlight Office 365 and SharePoint online feature sets; the work will be focused on turning designs into master pages, page layouts, web parts, navigation structures, etc.
Soft skills for this position are critical. Requirements often change quickly, so imagination, an eye for detail, and ingenuity are important. Please note this is not a ‘graphics design’ position (overall designs will be provided by graphics designers), but nonetheless a good design sense (color, balance, “visual weight” etc.) is necessary.
The ideal candidate will be self-sufficient and may work directly with customers, obtaining and refining requirements, and being active in the design and build processes. The candidate must also be able to manage priorities effectively.
Required Soft Skills & Experience:
- Experience with visual design and application and site usability
- Imagination is critical. This includes the ability to create innovative solutions, approach challenges from new angles, and generate interesting content for demos
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently with attention to detail
- Demonstrate strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Experience building demos or delivering presentations is a plus
Desired Technical Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years web application and site design and development (any platform)
- Must demonstrate excellent command of HTML & CSS
- 3+ years SharePoint master page implementation, and demonstrated ability execute UI design within SharePoint
- SharePoint 2013 and/or Microsoft SharePoint online experience required (6+ months)
- 2+ years of building solutions with SharePoint, including the following:
- Site layout, design, navigation
- Content types
- Data View web parts (XSLT experience preferred)
- Content By Search web parts (experience preferred)
- Display Templates (experience preferred)
- Dashboards (including Excel Web Access)
- Workflows (experience preferred)
- Work with virtual machines is a plus
- Hourly contract, for a minimum of 40 hours/week
- Starting immediately
- Minimum duration is 3 months
If you believe your experience, competencies and attitude are a STRONG MATCH with the above description, we would love to hear from you; please contact us by email to 3Sharp’s recruiter, Linna Freeman (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will respond to all serious candidates within two business days.