Team Collaboration Systems
Team collaboration systems enable groups of employees to work together to achieve common business goals. Through these systems, a project manager can assign tasks, set deadlines through group calendars, and track each person’s progress. Team members can share ideas, documents, rich media, and other essential information for finishing the project. Team members can be automatically notified when next steps are required. They can also discuss the project and its status through social tools, such as instant messaging, online chat, and web conferencing.
These professional collaboration environments streamline workflow based on established, enforced organizational processes and procedures. In addition, work process automation (WPA) eliminates repetitive tasks, ensuring consistency and quality.
The Benefits of Team Collaboration Systems
Well-designed and implemented team collaboration systems enable you to:
- Formalize, enforce, and speed organizational procedures through professional collaboration software.
- Keep leaders informed about projects status and keep team members fully informed about individual and group progress.
- Automate routine or systematic processes so that employees focus on higher-level needs, such as research and information analysis. Team collaboration becomes more effective because employees are not burdened with repetitive tasks.
- Simplify project management with efficient, accurate task tracking systems and shared calendars accessible through a team collaboration server.
- Encourage discussion and idea contributions from anywhere on any device via a team collaboration network.
The 3Sharp Approach to Team Collaboration Systems
3Sharp delivers solid, secure team collaboration systems. We are among the top experts in designing, developing, and deploying collaborative systems that enhance productivity, ensure quality, and reduce cost. We can take existing applications and technologies and integrate them into a seamless work collaboration environment that is user-friendly and efficient.
Here are examples of how 3Sharp helped customers design and develop team collaboration systems:
- 3Sharp built an IT requisition system where any employee could request equipment. The system automatically recognized each employee’s level and status and presented the appropriate type of equipment choices. Requests requiring approval were routed automatically. The employee and management could view the status of their own requests or all requests, as appropriate.
- 3Sharp built a project management system where each project manager maintained detailed worksheets on project labor costs. These worksheets were automatically matched to employee timesheets and estimates compared with actual revenue. These worksheets drove company invoicing and work-in-process calculations that were credited in the monthly profit and loss (P & L) statements.