SharePoint Workflow and Forms
SharePoint workflow and forms automate business processes and everyday tasks. These workflows and forms are often created through Microsoft application development and deployed through SharePoint.
The Benefits of SharePoint Workflow and Forms
Using SharePoint document workflow solutions can:
- Automate many routine processes, such as tracking the status of an issue or project. For example, a company specializing in event planning services could set an issue-tracking list and set up a document workflow system to manage all of the tasks related to planning an event.
- Create more efficient and consistent work processes, such as setting up an automated content review system that notifies people when a document is ready to review and reminds them of due dates.
- Train people more easily by creating clearly documented workflow processes.
- Customize forms as needed with document workflow software. Form types can range from a letter that contains common content but needs to be customized in certain places for each recipient to an online job application.
- Increase collaboration between teams.
The 3Sharp Approach to SharePoint Workflow and Forms
3Sharp is among the industry’s leading experts in SharePoint integration, collaboration, and building SharePoint intranets, portals, and extranets. Our document workflow software solutions can help streamline SharePoint workflow. Here are a few examples of how this can be accomplished:
- By integrating a mentoring portal with Outlook, the corporate calendaring system, mentees could easily select appropriate and available mentors. Mentees could then see their calendars and select open dates for meetings. Both parties were notified when the meeting was set and accepted. A day before the meeting, parties were reminded, and notes from both sides were submitted and tracked in SharePoint.
- Sales prospects and leads were tracked in a customer relationship management (CRM) system. Follow-up tasks were assigned, responsible parties notified, and managers given a list of assigned tasks sorted by sales rep. Managers could easily re-assign tasks if workloads were uneven.
- Purchase orders were created for a worldwide organization using Microsoft Office development. Orders were issued, invoices received, and goods checked into physically remote warehouses. All of these items when scanned, were automatically “recognized” by invoice number and biller, organized, and sent to accounts payable for review and payment.