In November, Microsoft previewed their new Compliance Manager. This is a feature that displays a dashboard view of control implementation across various regulatory standards. It shows details about how Microsoft implements controls and how the effectiveness of the control’s implementation is tested.
Feature Breakdown of Compliance Manager
“Now you are not only capable of managing your compliance, but you can also assess risks in real time on Microsoft cloud services.”
This is awesome because it not only allows users to apply their own compliance regulations, it also gives users access to Microsoft’s all in one user-friendly dashboard. You can view risk assessments on Microsoft Cloud Services and streamline compliance processes all in one place:
- Microsoft Managed Controls: Microsoft manages controls within Compliance Manager, including the Microsoft control number, the corresponding certification requirement, the description of the control, the status of the control, the test day, and the test result.
- Customer Managed Controls: Customers can manage and access control details in this section of the dashboard. Recommendations on implementing controls can also be found in this section.
- Assign tasks to people in your tenant: The “Action Items” section also allows for users to easily review assigned tasks.
- Audit-ready reporting: Admin users can access data evidence uploaded from previous compliance checks and control implementations. This feature makes audit-ready reporting as simple as exporting an excel file
- Control Summary: Links to product support pages can be found here, assisting with recommended actions for controls. In the rare event that a control doesn’t pass, Microsoft also provides a management response that gives more details about the risk.
Compliance Manager gives you control details and links to the evidence you’ve collected, quite literally at the click of a button. Now you are not only capable of managing your compliance, but you can also assess risks in real time on Microsoft cloud services, obtain actionable insights, and streamline compliance processes all in one centralized location.