Benefits and Functionalities of Microsoft's Azure Stack
Business Capabilities and Benefits
- Only hybrid cloud platform that is truly consistent with a leading public cloud
- Offers foundational (IaaS) services as well as PaaS/SaaS services to gradually transition to
- Provide Instant compliance with international and industry-specific compliance standards
- Gat an out of the box auditing trail for the complete stack, which conforms to Hipaa, PCI, Fedramp and more
- Benefit from a powerful reseller model.
- Enable and onboard new customers otherwise restricted to their older traditional IT model.
- Create unique offers per region. You can provide different services per region, mixing and matching the underlying resources and associated performance.
- Transfer from capital infrastructure cost (capex) to operational costs (opex) by using a pay-per-use cloud model.
- Monetize Azure Stack using chargeback data generated by the customizable billing meters.
- Deliver additional services, building your catalog through the marketplace.
- Control and reduce shadow IT. Developers already adopting Azure or doing shadow IT elsewhere, now can safely switch to locally controlled Azure services.
- Save on server licensing costs by using Microsoft Azure cloud on-boarding benefits.
- Use or offer new higher-level managed services made possible with a (hybrid) cloud model like advisory and security services.
- Monitor and track usage through the portal or API’s in one uniform way across clouds, analyze the data and enhance your application.
- Cut down costs by having a single pane of glass detailing all usage and costs.
- Companies can now develop for financial incentives instead of the usual technology incentives.
- Transition IT towards a stable profit center instead of the traditional fluctuating cost center by using agile DevOps practices.
- Pick your own hardware setup (even with an integrated system) with beefy CPU’s and speedy NVME disks.
- The network is local to you, no fee for network traffic, low latency, great performance.
- Benefit from the new super-fast storage spaces direct solution using ReFS.
- Add a physical server to the Azure Stack scale unit (cluster) for instant resource expansion.
- Retire/remove servers from the scale unit the same way.
- You can start small with only 4 servers at GA.
"Azure Stack brings the power of the new Microsoft software-defined networking, delivering technologies like VFP, OVSDB, VXLAN, BGP, NAT, network security groups (NSG), iDNS, user defined routes, packet direct, Switch Embedded Teaming (SET)."
- Azure Stack servers are hyper-converged using software-defined networking and storage in Windows Server 2016.
- Load-balancing (SLB) and distributed firewall are brought from Azure to Azure Stack.
- Benefit from Infrastructure as Code (IaC), so you can deploy or export your environment as code.
- Azure Stack’s Cloud model enables true agile DevOps practices
- Use higher level PaaS services like the App, Container or Service Fabric services and benefit from true cloud elasticity, scalability and agility.
- Developers want clean code and deploy their apps instantly to finished services without infrastructure or software component dependency hassles.
- Provide MySQL and SQL DB as a service.
- Leverage OMS, DSC, Docker and custom script VM extensions as a method for deploying software and configuration in an automated way into your VM’s.
- Use existing community-made quickstart ARM templates from GitHub to rollout your environment and get to know ARM.
- Use new Web apps, Mobile apps, and API apps. Use MySQL, PHP or deploy WordPress and other web-enabled applications from a template or from the App gallery.
- Create custom ‘Resource Providers’ under the Azure Stack admin context and provide your own custom services with Azure Stack.
- Use Azure Site Recovery (ASR) as a migration path.
- Use Azure AD or Active Directory with ADFS as your identity source.
- Additional Azure services such as Service Bus and Azure Backup service come with Azure Stack over time. Make use of multiple fault domains (clusters) in one region.
- VM Self-service diagnostics; VM redeployment, Serial Output, screen capture, VM local user password reset.
Stay tuned next for the conclusion of this three part series, How to Differentiate with Microsoft's Azure Stack!
[/et_pb_blurb][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”1_3″][et_pb_blurb _builder_version=”3.0.92″ title=”Differentiate with Microsoft’s Azure Stack-Part 1″ url=”/” url_new_window=”on” use_icon=”off” use_circle=”off” use_circle_border=”off” icon_placement=”top” use_icon_font_size=”off” background_layout=”light” header_text_color=”#313c53″ animation=”off” image=”http://vg1.b63.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/computer-1231889_1920.jpg” header_font_size=”16″ /][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”2_3″][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.0.92″ background_layout=”light”]
Stay tuned next for the conclusion of this three part series, How to Differentiate with Microsoft’s Azure Stack!
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_divider _builder_version=”3.0.92″ show_divider=”on” color=”#7ec142″ divider_weight=”2″ /][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][et_pb_row][et_pb_column type=”1_4″][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_2″][et_pb_cta url_new_window=”on” use_background_color=”on” background_color=”#313c53″ background_layout=”dark” text_orientation=”center” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#7ec142″ border_style=”solid” custom_button=”on” button_use_icon=”off” button_icon_placement=”right” button_on_hover=”on” button_letter_spacing_hover=”0″ disabled=”off” title=”Learn More ” button_url=”http://vg1.b63.myftpupload.com/solutions/” header_text_color=”#7ec142″ button_letter_spacing=”0″ header_font=”|on|||” header_font_size=”46″ body_font_size=”16″ border_width=”2px” saved_tabs=”all” button_text=”about our technical demo solutions” button_text_color=”#ffffff” button_bg_color=”#313c53″ button_border_color=”#313c53″ button_text_color_hover=”#ffffff” button_bg_color_hover=”#313c53″ button_border_color_hover=”#313c53″ button_border_width=”0″ button_border_radius=”0″ button_border_radius_hover=”0″ background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” background_size=”initial” /][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_4″][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]