Here's an easy way to load Excel data into a SharePoint list.
In this example I’m using SharePoint Online.
- Here I have a table of sample data in Excel.
- Click the SharePoint gear icon and select Site Contents.
- Click add an app.
- Click the Import Spreadsheet app.
- Give your new list a name. Then browse to the location of your spreadsheet, and click Import.
Note: if you see this warning message you will need to add the SharePoint site to your list of Trusted Sites in IE.
- The import dialog will appear, select a Range Type and then select your desired range.
- You will be prompted in Excel to sign in to SharePoint online.
- And it’s that simple! SharePoint has created a list based on my Excel data.
SharePoint even selects the appropriate column type!
I hope this post helps when you need to get data from Excel into SharePoint fast!
Until next time!